"Go therefore to the main roads and invite to the wedding feast as many as you find."
The story Jesus tells in Matthew 22:1-14 compares the reality of God's kingdom to a Master who desires that all attend the wedding of His Son, and therefore share in His joy, people who are considered "both the good and the bad." That is our heartbeat at Colossae Beaverton as we move into the fall. Our God has joined us to Himself in utter grace so that we might share in His own eternal joy and sends us to share that joy with the world.
We are now less than one month away from our first Sunday morning at Beaverton Hight School on September 9th! I cannot wait! It's been such a gift to spend time with so many of you these last months as we prepare to plant this new congregation in our city. We are standing at the edge of something God is doing, and therefore totally dependent for His presence to bring us together in unity and send us out as His people in the world. Are you ready to embrace that with me?
Here is what is next for us:
AUGUST VISION NIGHT - Our final Vision for the summer will be at the Beaverton Library at 6pm next Thursday, August 16th. If you have been to one, both or none, this will be a good opportunity to meet some other people and pray with us, sharing with God what we are trusting Him to do among us.
AUGUST HANG OUT - Join us August 17th for a pool party and Dan and Wendy Bax's home for dinner and fun beginning at 6pm. We'd appreciate it if you helped by letting us know if you can come, so please RSVP.
*LABOR DAY WEEKEND SET UP - We have the opportunity for a dry run at setting up our gathering space at Beaverton High on Sunday afternoon, September 2nd.
- We will train volunteers on how our kids space will be set up, where to find necessary supplies, etc. for anyone helping us with kids (please consider this an invitation to help with kids!).
- We will share the plan for our main gathering space set up.
- We need help with both set up/clean up and kids space volunteers.
- If you are able to be a part of this day for either of these areas please let us know.
- This will be in the afternoon after our other Colossae gatherings, specifics timing details TBA.
Lauren and I are excited to join with you each week as we come together as a congregation in Beaverton. Will you continue to persist in prayer on behalf of our new community and for the sake of those who do not yet know the joy of the good news. See you this next week!